Central Nodal Agency for Sustainable Tourism
Indian Institute of Tourism and Travel management, an autonomous body under the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India is the Central Nodal agency to support the Ministry of Tourism in coordinating and implementing the plans and schemes for promotion and development of Sustainable tourism in the country.
The Nodal Agency assists the Ministry in undertaking the following functions :
- Preparation of detailed Action Plan for implementation of the Strategy.
- Identifying national and global best practice and prepare tool kits for their replication by the States.
- Benchmarking State policies and standards and prepare model policies and standards.
- Capacity Building measures including setting up of Resource Centres and Centres of Excellence.
- Facilitating adoption of digital technologies for sustainable tourism.
- Formulation of dedicated scheme to support development of sustainable tourism in the Country.
- Any other support, which can facilitate the Ministry of Tourism in development of sustainable tourism in the Country.